Friday, April 13, 2012

Bedroom 1

Well, it turns out I've discovered I don't have what it takes to be a full-blown blogger - TIME!  So, I'll just post new stuff when I can and hope anyone who sees it enjoys.

UPDATE:  I found a mirror on sale at Hobby Lobby - looks great in this room!  Original price $99, I paid $34!!



Not a lot of updating on this room - I'm still working on creating a large piece of artwork for the long wall, but I have ALWAYS wanted to paint a room red, and it turns out my son wanted one, so here we go. (He wanted the ceiling red too, I just couldn't do it!) I used Glidden Candy Apple Red paint plus primer - 2 coats was all it took and it was so easy to use!  The ceilings are very high in the room, so I used about 1 1/2 gallons for the entire project.

Before:
BORING!

And After:
Sensi thinks this is her room ;0)

Eventually I'll refinish the furniture to black...

The artwork really pops against the red, don't you think? I spray painted the small lamp with a nice glossy white.

   It's really hard to come up with artwork ideas for a teen boy's room, so a fun idea I had was to use the front cover of a football program and frame it above his team picture - great piece and it didn't cost anything extra! On the other wall is a TCU logo that I painted on a canvas I already had, so another no-cost option.  The total cost for the project was just the paint at about $50!

No comments:

Post a Comment